KENNETT HIGH SCHOOL
KENNETT HIGH SCHOOL | 1400 WEST WASHINGTON | KENNETT, MO 63857 | P 573-717-1120 | F 573-340-6651
Dear, Parents, Students, and Patrons, The City of Kennett is extremely supportive and remarkably proud of their schools. The current Kennett High School (KHS) campus was established in 1954 and is located at 1400 West Washington. In 2008, the campus was renovated, which included the installation of new doors, windows, flooring, air conditioners, and heating units.
At KHS, we have established a culture where we say, “Kids Here Succeed”. Kennett High School offers a wide variety of courses focused on meeting the needs of today’s students. At KHS, we offer students the opportunity to immerse themselves in a plethora of extracurricular activities and clubs. As your new Principal, I am proud to offer our students the very best educational opportunities that are available. With that being said, I expect our students to do their best while they are here, take advantage of the opportunities available, and get themselves involved as much as possible. Their involvement helps to maintain a culture conducive to the educational experience.
In closing, I would like to take this opportunity on behalf of the KHS administration, faculty, and support staff to welcome you to KHS. I am confident that our staff can provide you with an excellent educational experience. In the event that I, and/or any KHS staff member, can be of assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact us at your convenience at 573- 717-1120
Again, welcome to KHS!
K.H.S. - Kids Here Succeed
KENNETT HIGH SCHOOL VISION
The faculty and staff at Kennett High School envision for students, parents, and staff of the Kennett School District that:
- The culture of our school will focus on student learning and will encourage opportunities for positive social interactions.
- Students have the ability to choose courses that best fit their learning plan that prepares them for post-secondary training or a rewarding career.
- Teachers will seek out opportunities to collaborate in ways that promote environments for students to expand on learning opportunities.
- Instruction will focus on best practices and methods to teach all learners. Teachers will make informed decisions based on data.
KENNETT HIGH SCHOOL COLLECTIVE COMMITMENTS
The faculty and staff at Kennett High School met and agreed upon the following commitments that are based on our vision statements.
- We are committed to a culture that is safe, trusting and a collaborative environment.
- We will recognize the success of students and the fact that learning looks different for each student by committing to high expectations for learning, behavior and citizenship.
- We will collaborate with our colleagues to use evidence of student learning to inform and improve our practices and to better meet the needs of individual students.
- We will seek out and use the most promising instructional practices to support student learning.